Blueberry Ginger Cupcakes with Honey Mascarpone FrostingCourse: DessertsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is a family favorite. I make these often as blueberries are my favorite fruit. I love the moist, light cake with the bursting blueberries. The frosting is light and delicious and not overly sweet. These are a crowd pleaser for sure. I usually decorate the top with a cluster of 3 perfect looking berries. You can also decorate with some crystallized ginger.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter ( 1 Stick) room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
1 lg egg+2 yolks at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup mascarpone
1 cup mascarpone
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons honey
1/8 teaspoon salt
Extra blueberries or crystallized ginger for decoration
- Preheat the oven 350. Line 2 standard muffin pans with paper liners. Combine the flour, the baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine butter, sugar, and ginger in a large bowl and use an electric hand mixer and beat till fluffy about 4 minutes. Add the egg and yolks, one at a time, then the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and the mascarpone to the sugar egg mixture in additions, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Gently fold in the berries.
- Divide the batter evenly in the lined cups. Bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Allow cupcakes to rest in pan about 8 minutes then remove and let them cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat together the mascarpone, powdered sugar, honey and salt. Top cupcakes with the frosting and decorate tops with extra blueberries and ginger.