Quick Easy Peach GaletteCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This is amazing and so simple and really can be done with any fruit, some sugar, lemon juice and puff pastry. I made for an impromptu dinner party. It came together quickly and it was light and so good. I made homemade whip cream and it was perfect on the ward dessert.
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
2 cups sliced peaches
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground ginger or cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup peach jam
2-4 tablespoons honey
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine peaches, cornstarch, ground ginger/cinnamon and vanilla. Then add the jam and honey and gently toss again.
- Roll the pastry and stretch it out. Add the first sheet to parchment paper. Roll out the second pastry, cut 4 (1/2) wide strips and create a border around the bottom layer pastry. Press to adhere so to create a good border.
- Using the egg was, brush the pastry all over with the egg.
- Add the peaches to the pastry. Keep the fruit inside the borders. Sprinkle with raw sugar.Bake for 25-30 minutes until it gets golden brown.
- Let cool about 10-15 minutes and serve.