Roasted Delicata Squash with Honey, Pomegranate Seeds, and PepitasCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This dish is seriously beautiful and so flavorful. Every dinner party that I make this dish, people beg for the recipe. It is so good and the colors are stunning. I have served this with grilled steak, pork, and chicken. It also is a perfect dish for Thanksgiving as the colors are so pretty. It really is a favorite fall side dish.
4 delicata squash, halved lengthwise and seeded, ends trimmed
3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1/2 teaspoons salt
3 Tablespoons local honey
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1 1/2 cayenne
- Preheat oven to 425. Prepare 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment. Rub squash with 2 teaspoons oil and set on 1 of the prepared baking sheets. Roast squash, turning once, until tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with remaining teaspoon oil, salt and a touch of cayenne. Pour onto the second prepared baking sheet. Bake until toasted about 5 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven and drizzle lightly with the honey and cayenne. Place back in the oven and turn the temperature down to 300 for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a warmed serving platter.
- Put the squash on a serving platter and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and toasted pumpkin seeds. Finish with some coarse sea salt.