Banana Gingerbread CupcakesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
My daughter found this recipe and we wanted to make it. The flavors are SOOO good. This is a delicious and moist cupcake and you don’t even need the frosting. The frosting is light and not too sweet so it is a win win. My daughter requested I make these either for the Thanksgiving party or Christmas party at her school.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup molasses
1 lg egg+2 lg egg YOLKS, room temperature
3-4 mashed ripe bananas
1/4 cup sour cream
3 Tablespoons peeled fresh grated ginger
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 Tablespoons whole milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Ginger Cookies, crushed for decoration and added texture
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 2 muffin pans with liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, vegetable oil, molasses, egg, egg yolks, in a large bowl. Stir in mashed bananas, sour cream and ginger.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients until just combined. Divide the batter equally and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 22 minutes. Allow to cool in pan about 10 minutes then remove cupcakes from pan and cool on rack completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt in a lg bowl. Dip each cupcake into the glaze and let them sit at room temperature until glaze sets. Top with a ginger cookie or crushed gingers cookies for garnish.