Blueberry GaletteCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Again, I love this time of year and being able to throw some berries in a bowl and add a touch of sugar, cinnamon or/and ginger, a touch of corn starch and lemon juice. Mix it up and roll out dough, mound the fruit in the middle, turn up the dough around and egg wash, sprinkle sugar and place in the oven and easy peasy dessert is ready. You can do this with any fruit. Buy dough at your favorite market or bakery. So simple yet so delicious.
4 cups fresh berries or 2 cups berries and 2 cups stone fruit
2 Tablespoons to 1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/2-3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or and ground ginger
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 egg beaten
Raw Sugar for sprinkling
Vanilla ice cream for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the fruit with sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Roll out the dough about 10 inches in diameter and mound the fruit in the middle. Spread the fruit out but leave about an inch border. Fold up the crust around the berries only about an inch, just the perimeter.
- Brush the beaten egg around the crust and sprinkle the entire galette with the raw sugar.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and berries are bubbling. Coll 15 minutes then serve with your favorite ice cream.