Binky’s Mexican CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
This cake is amazing. The flavors are out of this world and it has to be the most moist cake ever. It is super easy as all you need to do is add to a yellow cake mix. I make everything from scratch except this cake so when making this I get Super Moist yellow cake mix. I make my own frosting and then add the other ingredients. My grandmother past several years ago but as you all know, she was my world. She made this cake long before I was born and it was famous in her circles and she always made it for my husband on his birthday. It is a festive cake and cake be made in a 9×2 round cake pans or a 13x9x2 rectangular pan. Enjoy and have fun. ***CAKE can be made 1 day before
1 Super Moist yellow cake mix
1 20oz can crushed pineapple
1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted
2 Tablespoons dark rum, preferably Meyer’s
- Chocolate Frosting
6 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, Hershey’s
3-6 Tablespoons milk (or 4 TBspoons milk and 2 TBspoons coffee or dark rum)
2 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Using baking spray, grease the 2 9×2 round cake pans or a 13x9x2 pan. Line with parchment.
- In a large bowl, follow the box directions and make the batter. Add the pineapple, toasted pecans and rum. Mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pans or pan and bake according to instructions on box.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients EXCEPT the milk or coffee or rum. Add only about 4 Tablespoons to begin with and then add a Tablespoon at a time. You want the frosting to be creamy but not to dry and not to wet. So go easy with adding liquid. Beat until it comes together and should be shiny and creamy. As well as spreadable.
- Frost the cake or cake layers and decorate with dark chocolate candies.