Bison BurgersCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I grew up spending summers in Wyoming on my grandparent’s ranch. I love the beauty, the peacefulness and the wildlife. I grew up eating elk, duck, venison and bison. Bison burgers have always been a favorite. If you aren’t a fan of bison, you can always make this with ground beef. Don’t get me wrong I still love a classic American beef burger, but Bison meat is leaner and has more protein and less fat. These are delicious right off the grill. Best of all YOU CAN ASSEMBLE THE BURGERS THE NIGHT BEFORE, COVER AND REFRIGERATE UNTIL USING.
2 LBS Bison meat
2 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
1/4-1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
3-4 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
2 cloves garlic, through a garlic press
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2-2 Teaspoons Penzey’s Northwoods Spice
Kosher salt and Fresh ground pepper
Brioche or Pretzel buns, lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced avocado, ketchup and or mustard. hummus is great too.
- Place all the ingredients except the buns, in a bowl and using your hands, I always wear gloves when I cook, gently mix together the burgers don’t become tough. Make 4-6 patties and place on a platter or in a large air tight container. This can be done 1 day ahead. Make sure burgers are kept air tight.
- Bring burgers to room temperature, 45 to 60 minutes ahead before cooking.
- Using a gas grill, get the grill very hot to sear the buffalo burgers on each side about 3-5 minutes. Then turn the gas to medium low and leave for 5-8 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove the burgers and allow to sit, untouched for about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve on a warm bun with the fixings you enjoy.