Baking is my way to meditate and so I keep all my baking ingredients together to make it easy. When I need to just chill out or it’s a friend’s birthday I am so happy whipping up a cake or something they enjoy. I love trying new recipes and coming up with one’s on my own. I always make my kids cookies/bars for their lunches for the week. Most of the time a throw in a few extra goodies in their lunches so they can share with their friends. Baking is my passion and relaxing as well.
- Flours: All Purpose, Whole Wheat, Cake & Bread
- Sugars: Granulated, Powdered, Raw, Lt. Brown & Dk. Brown
- Hershey’s Unsweetened Baking Powder
- Baking Soda, Baking Powder & Cornstarch
- Kosher Salt & Fine Sea Salt
- Penzey’s Spices: Vanilla, Double Vanilla, Mexican Vanilla, Vanilla Bean, Almond & Lemon Extract
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, Ginger, Allspice, Pie Spice, & Pumpkin
- Cream of Tartar
- Citrus: All Varieties
- Milk, Heavy Cream, Buttermilk & Eggs
- Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil & Canola Oil
As far as ingredients go, make sure to store all oil in a dark, cool place. Baking Powder goes bad after 6 months of being opened so it is wise to date it when you open it. I go through so much that it is never a problem but it is a habit to date all my baking ingredients when I open them.
If you are not familiar with Penzey’s Spices they are a company I have been shopping with for 20+ years. I took many cooking classes in Boston while living, working and going to grad school and all the chef’s said they buy their spices from Penzey’s. I love the selection and love the wide variety of all they offer. Now there is a store near me which is so helpful.