If you were to come over and open my refrigerator, this is what you would find. I always stock these perishable ingredients as they are used regularly when I am cooking both for savory or sweet recipes.
- Milk, Buttermilk & Heavy Cream
- Creme Fraiche, Sour Cream, Greek Yogurt & Cream Cheese
- Mascarpone Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Eggs: Large & Jumbo
- Shallots, Leeks, Fennel & Onions
- Fresh Herbs: Italian Parsley, Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, Cilantro, Mint & basil
- Citrus: Lemons, Limes, Oranges & Grapefruit
- Mustard: Brown Spicy, Dijon, and English (Love Mustard)
- Heinz Ketchup
I would say weekly if not daily I use citrus in my cooking as well as garlic, shallots, leeks and onions. You can make simple marinades that are healthy and not filled with preservatives and the flavors come through. All you need is citrus, fresh herbs and garlic, shallots, leeks or onions and add some protein or even vegetables and you have a great tasting final product. Have fun and experiment. Mustard is my favorite condiment. I am not a big fan of Ketchup but it has endless possibilities for cooking and adding flavor. Plus, my kids love it.