I always am asking Siri when I cook when various meats are done. It would be something easy for the hundreds of cookbooks I own to have somewhere easy to access so consider this reference. You can always find it and hopefully it will assist in making your meat come out perfectly every time.
- Pork loin, pork chops, roasts, and tenderloin are cooked at 145 degrees
- Ground Pork needs to be cooked to 160 degrees so if making pork burgers or meatballs.
- Pork Shoulder needs to be cooked to about 160 degrees as well because of the fat and thickness of the tissue.
- Chicken/Turkey birds, breasts, thighs and ground cooked to 165 degrees
- Rare 125 degrees, Medium rare 135 degrees, Medium 145 degrees, Medium Well 148 degrees, well done is 160.
- Steaks and roasts cooked to 145 degrees and ground to 160 degrees
- Medium Rare is 135 and allow to rest to 145, Medium Well is at 150 allow to rest to 160
- Chops and Roasts to 145 degrees and ground to 160 degrees
- Ground Venison 160 degrees
- Venison Steaks/loin/roasts 145 degrees
- Rabbit 160 degrees
- Ground 160 degrees
- steaks/roasts 145 degrees