Blueberry Crumb BarsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
As you all know, I am a big fan of the Half Baked Harvest site. She has so many great recipes. I tend to like her sweet recipes above all. This one is so good. We LOVE blueberries in our house so any recipe with blueberries is a must. These are so good. They taste like a blueberry cobbler. They make the house smell amazing and they are addictive. The flavor, the texture and the sweet bursting berries make this a recipe that is on repeat in our home.*** The one thing I will add that her recipe doesn’t call for is after making these a lot, it is best to let them cool completely and then refrigerate for several hours or overnight before cutting into squares. If you don’t they do not cut well and fall apart.
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 cup butter, 2 sticks salted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/2 cup blueberry jam, can use raspberry or cherry
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8 square inch pan with parchment and butter.
- In a large bowl, beat together the flour, brown sugar, salt and butter until a crumbly dough forms. If the dough is dry, add a Tablespoon of cold water.
- Press half the dough onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Add the sugar and cinnamon to the remaining dough and mix lightly.
- In a bowl, toss the blueberries with cornstarch, vanilla, and lemon zest. Spoon the berries evenly over the dough. Dollop the jam over the berries. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar dough over the berries. Transfer to the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, until the crumble is set and golden in color.
- Let cool completely then refrigerate for a few hours before cutting. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.