Blueberry Lavender Custard Ice Cream (No Churning)Course: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is rich, smooth and amazing. It is part custard but so light and it is so easy to make BUT you just have to MAKE AHEAD. The lavender has to steep overnight in the cream. This is a family and friend favorite and one that all beg for when they come for dinner. I like to serve it with sliced berries and a biscotti. This recipe can be doubled.
1/2 heaping Tablespoon culinary lavender
4 oz full fat cream cheese at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 cups heavy cream
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tablespoon Bourbon
1/2 cup Bonne Maman wild Blueberry jam
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup add the heavy cream and mix in the lavender. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain the cream into a bowl. Toss the lavender away, Put a 9×5 inch loaf pan in the freezer.
- In a food processor, process the cream cheese, vanilla, and salt until smooth and creamy. Scrape the sides down and slowly add the heavy cream while the pulsing until stiff peaks form, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, bourbon and pulse until combined.
- Pulse in the 1/2 cup of the jam.
- Scoop the ice cream into the prepared pan and then with a little more jam swirl it into the jam. Smooth the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- The ice cream will stay fresh for a week cover in an air tight container in the freezer.