Blueberry Scones with Orange GlazeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These are the best. I made them for a mom’s group I belong to and they all raved that these were the best scones and had the best flavor. They are bites of spring and are so wonderful. My family loves them so much. Use fresh blueberries that are big and juicy. The flavor here and texture are so good. You can’t go wrong with these and they are easy to make.
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, chilled and cut into pieces
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 pint blueberries
- Orange Glaze
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 oranges, zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place blueberries in the freezer until you need them.
- In a large bowl, SIFT together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix it evenly. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender so butter is covered in flour and resemble crumbs.
- In another bowl, mix buttermilk and an egg together. Add to the flour mix and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
- Lightly dust the flash frozen blueberries with flour and fold them gently into the dough.
- Spoon clumps of the dough onto the prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Until scones are golden and set.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes on pan then remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Orange Glaze
- Combine butter, sugar, orange zest and juice in a double broiler. Cook until butter and sugar are melted and mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and beat until smooth and slightly cool. Drizzle over scones. Allow glaze to set.