Breakfast SandwichCourse: breakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
We are big fans of breakfast in this house and I love making good breakfasts for my family. My kids now enjoy making themselves cooked breakfasts. Healdsburg Bagel Co. makes great bagels that I buy every week at our local Farmer’s Market. I will toast bagels for the kids, then make eggs (scrambled or fried) and bacon or eggs and sausages and they create a breakfast sandwich. Sometimes we had avocado with feta cheese for a more Mediterranean sandwich or a couple slices of sharp cheddar with hot scrambles eggs and split chicken apple sausages. In the summer, we will add a slice of tomato with a little Aleppo pepper. You can get as creative as you want. When we have leftover grilled vegetables, we will do a vegetable scramble, a slice of cheese, bacon on a hot, toasted bagel or multigrain bread. It is always delicious when finished off with a drizzle of good quality olive oil and Maldon Sea Salt Flakes.
6-8 eggs, scrambles
4 bagels(split), thick slices of bread or English muffins(split, either from the store or local bakery)
8 strips of bacon or 4 sausages (split)
Slices of Cheese or Crumbled Feta or Cheese of choice, optional
Salt, Pepper, Aleppo pepper or cracked red pepper
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, season to your choice and then whisk until blended.
- Make bacon or sausages and keep warm.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, add a touch of butter or olive oil. Pour in the eggs and make scrambled eggs. Set aside.
- Toast the split bagels or bread os choice and place on a plate.
- Assemble: Bagels toasted, head some scrambled eggs, bacon slices or split sausage, a slice of cheese or slices of avocado, fresh herb leaves such a basil, and them place the other bagel on top.
- You can also jazz it up with Chili Crisp, tomato jam, chili jam or any accompaniment you choose. It is your breakfast and your creation. I love hot sauce and one of my favorites is The Pepper Plant Hot Pepper Sauce. It has heat and flavor. It is perfectly balanced. I like to drizzle that over my breakfast sandwich.