Chicken Thighs with Lemon and PotatoesCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is easy and delicious. In the morning I assemble the potatoes with lemon, salt, and pepper. When I am ready to cook, I drizzle with olive oil and give them a toss and then follow the recipe. At that point, the recipe is super easy. I have made this recipe on a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper and in a 9×13 baking dish. Both work, it is whatever makes life easier for you. My family loved this. I serve it with green beans or asparagus. Simple, light, filling and healthy. You can’t go wrong.
1 1/2 lbs small Yukon Gold potatoes, cut in half or quartered if large
1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
2 1/2 lbs chicken thighs, bone in/skin on, 6-8
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 gloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped parsley leaves
1/2 cup green pitted olives, cut in half
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425. In a 9x13x2 baking dish, toss potatoes, lemon slices, 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. With a pepper mill grind fresh pepper to taste. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes until potatoes begin to turn golden.
- Pat the chicken dry and season with 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper. Nestle the chicken around the potatoes in the dish and sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with remaining Tablespoon oil.
- Roast chicken until skin is golden brown and an instant read thermometer stuck into the thickest part, not touching the bone, registers 165 and potatoes are crisp and golden brown, about 35-40 minutes.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and potatoes to a boarder warmed serving dish and cover loosely with foil. Add the garlic to the juices left in the baking dish. Add the parsley, olives toasted almonds, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon salt, stir to combine.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and potatoes and serve.