Chocolate Chip Banana MuffinsCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These are so good. They are a healthy treat. My kids love these. They throw them in their lunch for a morning snack or for an after school treat. These are light, moist and so good. This was a recipe I made a lot when they were younger and I came across it again and made it. Even my husband loved them and he isn’t the biggest fan of bananas. These are full of so many good ingredients: Greek yogurt, low in sugar, bananas, and you can use whole wheat flour. I prefer to use all purpose flour as the whole wheat makes them a bit more dense. These really are like easting clouds, light and moist.
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 large ripe bananas
1 1/3 cups flour
2/3 cup Droste cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 muffin pans with muffin cups and set aside.
- In a bowl, with an electric hand mixer, beat the bananas until almost smooth. Add in the butter and yogurt and continue to beat well. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing until combined.
- Stir in the sugar. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat on low speed. Add the milk and continue to mix until just blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan and bake in the oven for around 18 minutes. Tops should spring back when touched.
- Let rest in pan about 8 minutes and remove and allow to cool on a rack or enjoy warm. Once completely cooled, place in an air tight container and keep refrigerated.