Chocolate Chip Snacking CakeCourse: dessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
My kids gobble this down. I have made it for dessert but it works well for breakfast or brunch. When I know I am making this for breakfast/brunch, I add a little orange zest to it. It adds a nice freshness to this cake. This cake is very light and so incredibly good. The best part is it is so easy to make.
1 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks butter (12 Tablespoons), room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 lg eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 2/3 cups whole ricotta cheese
10oz bag of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9-10 inch springform pan with parchment and spray with non stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides to make sure everything is incorporated. Beat in vanilla. Add the ricotta cheese and mix on low speed until combined. Add all the dry ingredients and mix well. Scrape sides down to combine everything together. Fold in chocolate chips so they are evenly dispersed. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Place in oven and bake cake for 50-60 minutes. The cake will be golden brown and a tester may come out with a few crumbs. Remove from oven and allow to cool 15 minutes. Run a knife around the cake and release the sides. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- The cake can be made 1 day ahead and kept in an air tight container or frozen for up to 2 months wrapped well in plastic wrap and foil. Thaw overnight on the counter before serving.