Chocolate Cinnamon Crinkle CookiesCourse: Dessert, cookiesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This recipe came from a magazine I pick up once and awhile at the grocery store, Bake From Scratch. This recipe came out of their Christmas cookie magazine. My family and I love crinkle cookies and I have a great recipe for a chocolate crackle cookie but this takes it to another level. These are so good. A perfect cookie for anytime.These make about 2 dozen, give or take.
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup firmly dark brown sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, like Hershey’s, sifted
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 cup Turbinado or raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter, sugars and cinnamon at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, beating well in between. Add the vanilla and beat for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the butter mixer, beating until combined. Beating until just combined.
- In a small bowl, place the Turbinado sugar.
- I rolled the dough in my hands to the size of a ping pong ball or you can use a 2 tablespoon spring loaded cookie scoop. Then roll the dough in the Turbinado sugar and place on the prepared cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake until edges are set and centers puffed, about 9-11 minutes. Let cool on pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container for 3 days.