Chocolate Crinkle CookiesCourse: Dessert, CookiesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
We love these cookies. They are light and delicious. These are a favorite cookie of everyone. Perfect texture and sweetness. After you make the batter, you need to cover the bowl and refrigerate it for an hour, then bake. I would not let it sit longer than an hour.
1 and 1/2 sticks butter (12 Tablespoons butter) cut into pieces
4oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 cups sugar
2 lg eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch Processed cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup powdered sugar
- Line 3 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside. Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium, heatproof bowl, place the butter and chopped unsweetened chocolate, over a pan of steaming water. Stirring often over medium until melted and combined.
- Let cool slightly. Stir in sugar until everything is combine. Add the egg and vanilla beating until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together on a piece of wax paper. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fig for 1 hour.
- Remove cookie dough from refrigerator. Shape the dough into 3/4 inch balls and roll in the powdered sugar. Make sure the powdered sugar coats the entire cookie. Repeat with all remaining dough. Bake 12 minutes, until cookies are puffed up and cracked on top. They may appear to be under done, remove and allow to sit on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer cookies to a rack and allow to cool till room temperature.