Chocolate Ganache Cake with RaspberriesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I love this recipe. It is a wonderful chocolate cake. I do have my top 5 chocolate cakes.and this is one of them. I love the richness of the cake and ganache with the sweet raspberries makes for a perfect spring chocolate cake. This is a cake that is always on my Easter table. I have made it for parties and friends birthdays as well. It is always a hit and one people ask me to bring.
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 lg eggs
- Ganache and Raspberry topping
18 oz bittersweet chocolate (not over 61% percent cacao)chopped
2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
6 Tablespoons seedless raspberry jam, stirred to loosen, divided
2 6 oz containers of fresh raspberries
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 9 inch round cake pans with baking spray and line with parchment.
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk to blend and create a well in the middle. In another bowl, whisk together 1 cup water, buttermilk, oil and eggs to blend. Pour wet ingredients into dry and whisk to blend. Divide batter between 2 cake pans, roughly 3 cups each.
- Bake cakes until tester comes out clean about 30 minutes. Cool completely in pans on cooling rack. Cakes can be wrapped in plastic wrap and left on the counter overnight.
- Ganache: Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. Bring cream to a boil in a heavy medium saucepan. Pour over chocolate. Let stand 1 minute then give a good stir. It should melt and be smooth. Transfer 1 1/4 cups ganache to a small bowl. Cover, Refrigerate until ganache is thick enough to spread, about 1 hour. Let remaining Ganache stand a room temperature and cool to early lukewarm
- Place rack inside rimmed baking sheet. Runa knife around the cake. Invert 1st layer onto a cake board. peel off parchment. Place cake layer on round on prepared rack.
- Spread 3 Tablespoons of jam over the top of the cake. Spoon dollops of ganache all over the layer, then spread evenly. Invert second layer on top of other layer, peel off parchment allow top layer to get to know bottom layer. Spoon 3 Tablespoons jam over top layer.
- Pour half of the early lukewarm ganache over cake, Spreading over sides to cover.Freeze until ganache sets, about 30 min. Pour remaining ganache over cake, allowing it to drip down sides in need to cover everything. Smooth ganache and cake. Allow to freeze for another 30 minutes.
- CAN BE MADE UP TO 2 DAYS AHEAD OF TIME. COVER WITH CAKE DOME AND REFRIGERATE.
- LET STAND AT ROOM TEMPERATURE FOR 2 HOURS BEFORE SERVING. Arrange the raspberries on top of the cake in a circular pattern then dust with powdered sugar.