Chocolate ShortbreadCourse: DessertCuisine: EnglishDifficulty: Easy
I love this recipe. It is easy, delicious and can be made pretty quickly and can serve it soon after it comes out of the oven or allow to cool and dip in melted white chocolate and then add sprinkles with the season or holiday. Or just serve lightly dusted with powdered sugar.
1 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup butter, 2 sticks, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325. Lightly grease a 9x9x2 pan and line with parchment. You can use an 8x8x2 pan just cook less time.
- On a piece of wax paper, sift flour and baking cocoa together. In a bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and salt until fluffy on medium speed. Add vanilla and beat until blended. Reduce speed to low and slowly add sifted mixture until just blended.
- Scrape the dough into the prepared pan, and using your finger and the palm of your hand pat the dough into an even layer. Using a fork, poke the shortbread all over. Bake until the top appears to be dry, about 38-40 minutes. If using 8x8x2 pan, cook 28-30 minutes.
- Allow to rest in pan for 10 minutes then remove to a cutting board, gently cut the shortbread and allow to continue to cool. Serve warm or allow to cool completely.
- Can melt chocolate and dip shortbread into chocolate and decorate with sprinkles.