Easy Greek Chicken with Roasted PotatoesCourse: DinnerCuisine: GreekDifficulty: Easy
I found this recipe online and have made it many times. It is so good and my family gobbles it up. It is also good with a boneless pork tenderloin or boneless pork chops. I have even made this with small lamb chops. You can even make it vegetarian by using cauliflower steaks. This recipe i put together the night before, marinate the chicken and potatoes. I then throw it all on the pan and shove it in the oven and it cooks while I help kids with homework and fold laundry. This comes together in a snap and I have made my changes to the original recipe that work best for me.
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup fresh chopped Italian Parsley, divided
3 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano, divided
1/4 cup olive oil
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 lemons, sliced thin
1 1/2 lbs Yukon potatoes, Cut in half lengthwise, then cut into small wedges
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup green Greek olives
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- If you want you can marinate meat and potatoes the day before. Combine onion powder, salt, thyme, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, 2 Tablespoons parsley and 2 Tablespoons oregano in a bowl or in a mini food processor and then add oil. Place chicken in one lg zip lock bag and potatoes in another. I did this in a bowl and added 1/2 the oil then with gloves on I rubbed the marinade into the chicken. I then put clean gloves on and rubbed the marinade into the potatoes. Refrigerate overnight OR place on prepared baking pan. PRE HEAT 400
- Sprinkle the sliced lemons all over the pan, placing some under and on top of the chicken. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until a digital thermometer registers 155 and potatoes are tender and beginning to brown.
- Drizzle the wine over the chicken and potatoes.
- Increase the heat to 450 and roast until the chicken and potatoes begin to crisp up about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve the chicken, lemon slices, and potatoes on warm plates served with the chopped tomatoes, olives and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and oregano.