Espresso Shortbread Slice and BakeCourse: Cookies
We love these cookies. I go to Starbucks and they are always so kind to give me their espresso powder. I also but their chocolate covered espresso beans. These cookies are light, delicious and easy BUT must be MADE AHEAD.
1 cip butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup chocolate covered espresso beans
1 Tablespoon ground Starbucks espresso
1/2 cup Turbinado Sugar
- Using an electric stand mixer beat butter, sugar and salt on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until light. Stir in vanilla.
- Stir flour, espresso beans and espresso powder together. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients just until it comes together. Do not over mix.
- Tear off two large pieces of parchment, divide the dough in half and shape each log to 10×2 inches. Sprinkle log with 3 Tablespoons turned sugar and roll up in parchment and plastic wrap. Repeat with the other log. Chill for 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Slice the dough in 1 inch thick slices and place on baking sheet. Repeat with second log. Sprinkle remaining tornado sugar on the cookies and bake for 12- 15 minutes until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on pans for 5 minutes. Carefully remove parchment with cookies to a wire wrack or the counter to cool. Can be stored up to 4 days in an air tight container.