Flourless Chocolate CakeCourse: Dessert, ChocolateCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I love this recipe and it is a go to for dinner parties or for people who love chocolate cake. Even thought it doesn’t have flour it is still quite rich but I find a dollop whipped cream mixture and sliced strawberries or raspberries add to the incredible flavor of this cake. It is easy and CAN BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME. Wrap well in plastic wrap and keep at room temperature.
1 cup butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, Droste Dutch Process
1 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
5 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup creme friache
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Raspberries or sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350. Butter and dust to cocoa powder a 9 inch round springform pan.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter with 1/4 cup of the heavy cream over medium low heat until the butter is melted. Add the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and cocoa powder. Whisk in the the chocolate mixture.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until puffed and set about 35-40 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 1 hour. Run a knife around the pan to help release the cake.
- Using an electric hand mixer, Beat remaining heavy cream, creme friache, and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Dust cake with more powdered sugar, slice and serve with berries and a dollop of the whipped cream.