Garlic Ginger Chicken BreastsCourse: dinner, sunday lunchCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
I love this recipe as it has all my favorite flavors. I was worried my family might think it was to much but they loved it. I marinated the boneless, skinless chicken breasts overnight and my husband grilled them. The flavor was perfection. The kids have been requesting to have me make it again. I served it with sliced eggplant from my garden and asparagus. It was one of my favorite chicken dishes.
8 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cayenne or chili powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 3/4 lb each
- Make the marinade: Add the garlic, ginger, mint, cilantro, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons oil in a ziplock bag. Seal the bag and massage to combine ingredients into a paste. Add the coriander and turmeric and chile powder, and salt. Add the chicken and seal the bag and massage into the chicken breasts.
- Make sure each breast is fully coated and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- You can do this on the grill and it tastes marvelous or you can do it on the stove.
- Warm a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the oil. Slide the oil around the pan so that it covers the whole bottom. Reduce heat to medium and remove the chicken from the marinade, shake off excess and add to pan. Working in batches, if needed, allow the chicken to brown on one side for 1-2 minutes then flip over and cook until golden.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook chicken for 10 more minutes. Do not lift the lid. Turn the heat off and let the chicken sit covered, undisturbed for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of each breast. Don’t lift the lid, the hot steam is giving the breasts lots of moisture.
- The chicken should be done, using a digital thermometer check the temp and it should register 165. Place chicken on cutting board and cut into strips of just serve each person a breast. Garnish with leftover mint and cilantro. This goes well with Jasmine rice and grilled vegetables.