Grilled Herb and Citrus Stuffed Bronzino with Shrimp and VegetablesCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: easy
We love this recipe for many reasons but it all goes well. It is healthy and filling. When I did this, there were only 3 of us. Usually if there is 4, I would get another Bronzino. Bronzino are wonderfully light fish and all we do it pick a bunch of different herbs from our garden and slice up a bunch of citrus from our trees and stuff the cavity. Tie and grill. It makes the most flavorful meat. The colossal shrimp are always a treat. My kids love them. I toss those with a dry rub made up of paprika, a pinch of cayenne, garlic salt, and fresh pepper. Toss those in olive oil, the rub and lemon juice and you are good to go. The vegetables I toss with olive oil and usually an all herb seasoning with a sprinkle of garlic salt.
2-4 Bronzino, depending on size and how many you are feeding
1 bag colossal shrimp with about 6-8 total
Vegetables of choice: bell peppers, summer squash, asparagus and more
- Slice up various citrus or just limes. Toss the shrimp for later. Pick fresh herbs. Cut kitchen twine into 12 inch long pieces.
- Cut the vegetables so they aren’t huge. Toss the Shrimp with the oil, lemon juice and spices. Set aside.
- Prep fish, open the cavity and stuff herbs and 2 pieces of lemon. Tie up the fish so the herbs and citrus can release into the fish.
- Prep the grill, using avocado oil brush the grates, place fish and shrimp on the grill. Grill bronzino until lightly crispy on each side about 7 minutes per side. Serve right away with sliced lemon and salt. The shrimp will need to be flipped as well.
- Serve both right away with the vegetables .