Lamb Loin Chops with Tart Cherry CompoteCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I made this recipe for my father in law’s birthday. It was a hit! The flavors were amazing and we are so lucky to have access to amazing lamb. This has become a family favorite and was a perfect dish for my great father in law. If you like lamb, this is perfect dish.
1 1/2 Tablespoons finely minced thyme
1 large shallot, peeled and diced
6 finely minced garlic cloves
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 cups of olive oil +1 Tablespoon
12 (4oz) lamb loin chops
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and fresh ground pepper
2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 small peeled and diced shallot
2 finely chopped garlic cloves
1/2 cup red wine
3 cups beef broth
1/3 cup dried cherries
1 teaspoon each finely minced thyme, parsley, and chives
2 teaspoons crushed pistachios
- Marinade: In a bowl, mix thyme, shallots, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Place the lamb loin chops in a large casserole dish and pour the marinade over the top. Move the lamb around and ensure they are completely coated. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate 4 hours to overnight.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a large frying pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat until it begins to smoke. Remove some of the garlic and shallots off the lamb and place them in the pan making sure they are far enough apart so that they sear not steam. Add in 1 Tablespoon butter.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown on both sides. Lambs should register about 145 degrees. Set the lamb chops on a heated plate.
- Sauce : Remove the cooked oil from the pan and return it to the burner over medium heat and add 1 Tablespoon butter with the shallots and garlic and cook for 40 seconds until lightly browned and cooked.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine and cook over medium high heat until reduced to 1/2 to 3/4 cup liquid amount.
- Finish by adding the dried cherries and remaining tablespoon butter, herbs and mix until combined.
- Add the lambs back to the pan and heat for a few more minutes and serve with pistachios and more fresh herbs. Spoon sauce over and serve with couscous and a green vegetable.