Lemon Blueberry Pound CakeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I love this cake. I love blueberries and love lemon. This is so good, sliced with some berries. My kids love it as a mid am snack or an afternoon treat. My husband will have a slice with an espresso in the afternoon when working from home. You can’t go wrong with this. It is so good and just sweet enough.
3 stick butter + 1 tablespoon butter, divided
8 oz cream cheese
6 lg eggs
3 cups +plus 1 Tablespoon flour, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 lg lemons, divided
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 cups sugar
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
1 cup powdered sugar
- Place 3 sticks of butter, 8 oz cream cheese and 6 large eggs on the counter. Let them come to room temp until the butter and cream cheese are soft, 1-1 1/2 hours.
- 30 minutes before butter is ready preheat the oven to 325.
- Place remaining Tablespoon butter in a dish and melt in the microwave. Add 1 tablespoon of the flour and make a smooth paste. Brush the paste on the inside of the 10 cup bundt pan, making sure to cover everything.
- Place remains 3 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Using a microplane zest on of the lemons, about 1 Tablespoon. Juice the lemon until you have 4 Tablespoons, reserve two Tablespoons for the glaze. Add 1 tablespoon vanilla to remaining lemon juice.
- Place 2 cups sugar, 3/4 kosher salt, and the lemon zest in a bowl of a stand mixer, rub everything together with your finger tips until combined and fragrant.
- Add butter and cream cheese. Beat with paddle attachment on medium speed until lightened in color and fluffy, 4 to 5 min. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the sides down. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well in-between each addition.
- Add the lemon juice-vanilla mixture, beating well. Turn the mixer off and add the flour mixture, then turn on mixer on lowest speed until batter is smooth and combined about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer 1 1/2 cups batter to the pan and spread in an even layer. Add 1 cup of blueberries into remaining batter and fold to combine. Then add the blueberry batter on top of the other batter. Scatter remaining cup blueberries on top and smooth the top, lightly pressing the berries into the batter.
- Bake until the top of the cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean about 60-75 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool in pan for 30 then invert onto a rack. Let cool completely, at least two hours.
- Using a microplane, zest the remaining lemon. Save for garnish.
- Place 1 Tablespoon reserved lemon juice in a bowl, add 1 cup of powdered sugar and stir until thick and smooth, just barley pourable, adding more lemon juice as needed, 1 teaspoon at a time. Spoon the glaze over the cake and sprinkle with zest. Let sit till glaze is set at least 15 minutes, before slicing and serving.