Macedonia Di FruttaCourse: DessertCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
I went to Italy in 1996 for the first time. I was there for 5 weeks. We were all over Tuscany, Umbria and the Veneto. I fell in love with the beauty, the food, and the people. This dessert was prepared each evening where we stayed. We stayed primarily in nice hotels and villas. It was a perfect first introduction to Italy. I have since been back many times as my husband has loads of relatives in Northern Italy. He also imports European wines with a focus on Italian varietals so we travel there often. I always come back to the food. Every region has it own beauty and focus with the food but this dessert is easily found all over. It is easy to make, light and delicious. You can really use any fruits you enjoy. It is your creation.
1 pint blackberries, raspberries or/and blueberries
1/2 ripe cantaloupe, using a melon baller
1/2 pineapple, cut into bite size chunks
1 peach, skin removed and sliced
2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice
2-3 Tablespoons brown sugar
Fresh mint, chopped
Kirsch or Grand Marnier, optional
- Place all the cut fruit in a bowl. Stir gently.
- Drizzle the lemon juice all over the fruit.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and toss gently until everything comes together.
- If you want, you can drizzle a little Kirsch or Grand Mariner on top before serving.
- Garnish with fresh chopped mint and serve.