Meal Prep Frozen BurritosCourse: Breakfast, LunchCuisine: Mexican
My son and I make these every 2 months and we change up the ingredients so play with it and make it your own creation. There is a lot of prep but it’s well worth it and once you freeze these they take 5 minutes to reheat in a microwave. My kids and husband love these. We have used all kinds of ingredients and even made them more Italian or on the spicy side with canned diced green chilies.
1 dozen jumbo eggs to a dozen and a 1/2
1 lg container of baby spinach
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or any cheese you like
2 package of bacon, chopped or pork belly, chopped
2 15oz cans black beans or any beans you like
4 mixed bell peppers, chopped
2 net of baby potatoes, chopped, 2 lbs
15 large burrito/wrap tortillas (I buy 2 packs)
Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
Penzey’s Seasoning Salt or/and Penzey’s fajita or Adobe Seasoning
- Chop bacon or pork belly, sautéed until lightly crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon or pork belly to a platter that is covered with paper towel to seep in the grease.
- Chop potatoes and peppers and keep them separated. Heat a large pan, with olive oil over medium low heat, add the potatoes. Sauté for 8-10 minutes. Add the peppers and sauté together until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper or season with spices you choose.
- Strain black beans so they aren’t watery.
- Tear out 15 + pieces of foil, roughly about 12×15, to wrap up the burritos.
- Break all eggs into a large bowl, and whisk until beaten, season with dried herbs or seasoning of choice.
- Place all ingredients out so that you can assemble the burritos in an organized fashion.
- Scramble the eggs and season with dried herbs or and red pepper flakes.
- Place a piece of foil down, on top of it lay a tortilla, add a small amount of cheese, then a little bit of egg, beans, potato pepper mixture, spinach and bacon pieces. Wrap the tortilla together, and fold the ends in and wrap in foil tightly. Repeat with the rest and place in the freezer.
- When you are ready to eat, remove from the freezer and unwrap the foil. Place on a plate and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Serve for breakfast or lunch with salsa.