Peanut Butter Banana MuffinsCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These muffins are so good and very healthy. They are delicious and moist and the flavor is so good. Sometimes, I will add peanut butter chips or a sprinkling of vanilla sugar on top. These are so good and they have a great amount of protein so I feel good about my kids eating these.
3 medium ripe bananas
1/3 cup cinnamon apple sauce
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 egg white and 1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 Tablespoons creamy Peanut Butter, divided, 8 Tablespoons + 2 Tablespoons
1/2 cup peanut butter or chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a muffin pan with muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and butter until smooth. Add in egg white, egg, bananas, apple sauce, vanilla, and 8 Tablespoons peanut butter. Beat well and scrape sides of bowl down.
- On a piece of wax paper, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the batter and beat on low speed. Do not over mix. Fold in chips if using.
- Spoon a little batter into muffins cups, tap the pan so to spread out butter and it covers the bottom of each cup. Add a little of the 2 Tablespoons of PB to each muffin cup and cover with remaining batter. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar and place in a preheated oven for 22 minutes.
- Remove from oven when the tops are golden and bounce back. Remove and allow to sit in pan for 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely before storing in an air tight container.