Peanut Butter CookiesCourse: Dessert, snackCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I find the search for the perfect peanut butter cookie a challenge. Sometimes the cookies are to crispy or hard and sometimes to soft? I find this recipe close to perfect. It comes from Bake from Scratch and I have made some changes. The original recipe calls for you to refrigerate the cookies before baking for 1 hour yet you can’t tell the difference between the ones that were refrigerated and the ones that weren’t. Everyone always likes the ones that were not refrigerated. I also have tweaked the ingredients. I do love the flavor and texture of these cookies so do friends and family. Hope you enjoy them as well.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 large yolks
3/4 cup (Skippy) Peanut butter, creamy or chunky(Do not use natural)
2-3 Tablespoons raw local honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter chips, optional
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add add egg and egg yolks, beating well. Add peanut butter, honey and vanilla, beating until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add the the flour mix to the butter mixture. Beat until just combined. If using fold in chips.
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in swallow bowl.
- Preheat oven to 325. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment.
- Using a 1/4 cup spring loaded scoop or a soup spoon, scoop dough and place dough in sugar, roll around and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Press the tines of a folk into the dough, making a crosshatch design on all the cookies.
- At this point you can refrigerate the cookies on the pans for an hour or cook them right away.
- Bake until golden brown about 18-22 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove parchment paper with cookies gently from each pan and allow to cool on counter.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature. Can be stored for up to 4 days in an air tight container.