Pork Tenderloin TonightCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I love pork tenderloin as you can do anything with it. Today I had leeks, fennel and some aging apples so I thickly cut up the vegetables and fruit and put them in the bottom of a small roasting pan, drizzles some olive oil, seasoned with S and P as well as some whole garlic cloves and placed the pork on top. I put it in the refrigerator till ready to roast. I set my oven to roast 425 and cooked the dish for 15 then turned the oven down to 400 for 15-20 minutes and at the end I gave it a burst of heat so set it to 450 for 5-8 minutes. You can do what you want, any vegetable works and always add a little liquid, I like white wine which I cook with more than I drink but you can always use stock, apple cider vinegar or a juice of some kind. It is all what you like and enjoy. I play with it and let the seasons tell me how to do it. Also so easy to di on a sheet pan lined with parchment so clean up is a snap.
1-2 1-2lb pork tenderloin
4 leeks, trimmed, rinsed well and cut long wise
2-3 fennel bulbs, trimmed and quartered
4 carrots, peeled and if thin, trimmed
2 apples, cored and quartered
4 Tablespoons olive oil
6-8 cloves garlic
1/4 cup white wine, stock of your choice or apple cider vinegar
Salt and fresh ground pepper
Handful of fresh herbs
- Drizzle 1 Tablespoon oil in a 13×9 casserole or roasting dish. Add cut up vegetables and apple or and citrus.
- Place pork tenderloins on vegetables. Drizzle with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Tuck the fresh herbs all around the meat.
- Put the meat in the 425 oven and let cook for 20 minutes. Add the wine. Reduce the temperature to 375 and let cook for 20-25 minutes. At the end to finish the dish and give a little crispness to the vegetables and meat, raise it for 5-10 minutes to 450.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest about 8 minutes. Lightly cover with foil. Serves sliced thin with the vegetables and spoon over pan juices.
- Serve with polenta, wild rice, Jasmine rice or jus the potatoes it was cooked on if using. Garnish with fresh herbs.