Pumpkin Spice MuffinsCourse: Breakfast, Snack, DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I needed to make a school treat for my daughter’s class for their Thanksgiving party. I found these and made them many times. These are delicious made as muffins with a streusel on top instead of the frosting. These are delicious and have great flavor with or without the frosting. I have included both a recipe for the streusel and for a frosting so you can choose how to serve these. Now the question: Muffin or Cupcake?
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Pinch of Kosher Salt
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 large eggs
6 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- Pre heat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with liners.
- Make the streusel: In a bowl, combine flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir in melted butter until crumbs form. Set aside.
- In a lag bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Add pumpkin, eggs, butter, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Divide batter between prepared muffin tins. Top with streusel.
- Bake until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan and serve.
- 1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer beat cream cheese, butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice and beat until no lumps show, then add vanilla and pinch of salt.
- Transfer to a pipping bag and pipe around the cupcakes.