Ricotta Pancakes with BlueberriesCourse: Pancakes and WafflesCuisine: breakfast, brunchDifficulty: intermediate
This is a staple recipe in our home. My kids and family loves these. The batter can be made the night before and then brought to room temperature before making. You can always add mini chocolate chips instead of blueberries.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
3 large eggs, separated
1 3/4 plus 2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons ricotta cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
butter for the griddle
1 pint blueberries, rinsed and dry
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites at medium speed until frothy. Beat at high speed until soft peaks form. Fold in egg whites into the batter until no streaks remain.
- The batter can be made to this point the night before and refrigerated overnight and brought to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat griddle or pan, melt butter and using 1/3 cup pour batter on prepared pan, sprinkle with a few blueberries. Once bubbly, flip about 3 minutes per side. Cook over medium heat.
- Transfer to warmed baking sheet and serve with syrup.