Roast Chicken with Herbs and LemonCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
So this comes from one of my most favorite places that sadly closed but it was a favorite spot for breakfast and lunch and a must stop for guests when visiting. The Jimtown Store was truly a special place. The store felt like the old general stores you find in charming New England towns, but it was an eclectic mix of amazing food, trinkets, specialized food items and old fashioned toys. The owner, Carrie Brown, is someone I look up to. She has great style, taste and her food and recipes are always exceptional. The Jimtown Store Cookbook is in my top 1o list of must have cookbooks. I have cooked almost all the recipes and own two copies so I have one in both my kitchens.
This chicken recipe is the way chicken should be eaten and enjoyed. It is simple, comforting and delicious. This recipe is perfect for family dinner, a dinner party and makes amazing leftovers. It is spectacular and so easy to make.
1 whole free range chicken, cut into 8 pieces
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
2 Tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
2 teaspoons chopped thyme
3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 lemons, one sliced and one quartered
- Preheat the oven to 400. In a 13x9x2 dish, place the chicken. Set Aside.
- In a bowl, mix the melted butter with the oil and the herbs with the salt and pepper. Rub all over the chicken pieces.
- Tuck the lemon slices in and around the chicken pieces and place in the oven.
- Roast until the chicken is golden in color and the skin is golden and crisp. Remove from oven when an instant read thermometer is pierced into the breast and registers 165. Roast about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and couscous with green beans.