Roasted Asian Chicken with Green Beans and CitrusCourse: DinnerCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
I love this recipe as it is so easy. I do it differently each time but it always comes out delicious. As you know I am a huge fan of cooking with citrus. It adds flavor without adding fat. Depending what is hanging on my citrus trees, I use what is ripe and ready so sometimes lemons and sometimes limes. Sometimes I mix it with a little cornstarch and some fish sauce to give it an Asian flair. I will also use Penzeys Bangkok or Singapore or lemongrass seasoning. You can do this dish on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or in a roasting pan. I also like to have some white wine handy to finish off the chicken before it comes out of the oven. Play around with the vegetables. Use what you enjoy and toss it all with sliced citrus.
4 Tablespoons olive oil
2 lemons or limes, zested and juiced
2 lemons or limes, sliced
Kosher salt and Fresh ground pepper
2 Teaspoons fish sauce or Penzeys Asian Spices
1 teaspoon cornstarch (if using fish sauce)
1 lb green beans, trimmed
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, halves
1/4 cup white wine, optional
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or foil. Drizzle some oil. Set pan aside.
- In a bowl, mix citrus juice, zest, fish sauce and cornstarch and whisk together until combined or mix zest, citrus juice and a Penzeys spice mix of your choice.
- Place the chicken in a zip lock bag and pour one of the marinades on the chicken. This can be done 1 day before or 1 hour before. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- When ready, arrange the chicken on the prepared pan. Tuck the sliced citrus all around the chicken, on top and underneath.
- In a bowl toss the green beans with some oil and salt and pepper. Set Aside.
- Place the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the green beans to the pan and toss with the white wine. Cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with brown Jasmine rice and naan bread or tortillas.