Roasted Chicken Breasts with ShallotsCourse: DinnerCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: easy
I love the simplicity of this recipe and love the flavor. When my kids rave I know I have made something really good, because they always say they eat better than any of their friends. I like to keep them well fed with healthy food but not the same old dinner every week. This is so good and you can use a whole chicken and have the butcher cut it up or chicken thighs and leg. It is something that I put together in the morning and then pop in the oven in the when ready to cook.
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
8 lg shallots, peeled and sliced thinly
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
4 chicken breasts, bone in/skin on
1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425. Have a lg baking dish out and ready that will hold the chicken and shallots in one layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Scatter some of the shallots on the bottom of the dish. Place the chicken breasts on top and scatter more of the shallots around, on the sides and on top of the chicken. Pour the oil mixture over the chicken. Let sit in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
- Roast the chicken until it begins to brown, about 20 minutes. Turn the pieces over and scrape the pan to release any shallots that have stuck to the bottom of the pan. Bake for another 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and shallots are caramelized.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil for about 5 min. Serve each breast with cous cous or polenta and some green beans and garnish with parsley.