Simple Yet Amazing Baked PotatoCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I love baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes. They are so good and the way I do them, the skin is amazing. This is so simple. You will need to plan ahead as they take an hour in the oven. The process is simple and then it is up to you what you rub on the skin after you rub the oil on: salt and pepper, BBQ Rub, Curry, red pepper flakes-it is up to you. I find curry is amazing rubbed on a sweet potato skin or even tandoori rub. For a baked potato I love kosher salt and pepper. Sometimes I rub on a greek seasoning.
4 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and dried
4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
Salt and fresh ground pepper
Spice/herb/rub of choice
- Preheat oven to 400. Lay a lg piece of foil down over 1 of the racks in the oven. After the potatoes have been scrubbed and cleaned, take a salad fork and prick them each all over.
- Rub each potato with 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- If using salt and pepper, rub Kosher salt all over the potatoes and then grind fresh pepper on the skins. Or if using a different rub or spice, rub that all over the potatoes.
- Place potatoes in the oven on top of foil and bake or roast for 50-60 minutes. You know they are ready when pierced with a fork. They should be really tender.
- Allow to rest about 5-10 and then carefully slice each potato open lengthwise. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil or whatever you enjoy on top of your potato. Simple, healthy and delicious.