Strawberry Sugar Cookies with Strawberry GlazeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These are really good but the first time I followed the recipe I found the cookies came out of the oven underdone. Once I cooked them longer they came out and lasted and didn’t fall apart. The flavor is amazing and they really don’t need the icing but it does taste good. I only made 1/2 the icing and had plenty left over. These are delicious and fun cookies. I am going to try and make them with freeze dried blueberries.
3 cups freeze dried strawberries (enough to make 3/4 cup freeze dried strawberry powder)
2 sticks Salted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup high quality strawberry jam
1 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons hot milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a food processor, pulverize the freeze dried strawberries into a fine powder.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- n a lg bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla until combined. Beat in the egg. Add the flour, baking soda, 1/4 cup strawberry powder, and salt. Beat in jam.
- With your hands, I wore gloves, roll dough into roughly Tablespoon size balls and place on baking sheets, about 12 cookies to each sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes, remove and tap hard on counter. Place back in oven for about 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets.
- For the icing: Beat the ingredients with 2-3 Tablespoons strawberry powder. You want the consistency quite thin.
- Either dip each cookie into the icing or using a pastry brush, brush the icing on each cookie. Eat and enjoy or place in an air tight container for 5 days.