Summery Fresh Tomato & Pistachio PastaCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
I love pistachio’s. I love to snack on them, add them to sweet or savor recipes. They are a favorite nut and very healthy. When I was pregnant with both my kids I threw up from the minute they took hole till during their birth. I thought it couldn’t get worse when I got pregnant the second time and yet it was. I really didn’t eat much for the total 18 months of pregnancy. My doctor said to snack on all nuts as they have the best balance of good nutrition and good fats. This pasta have great flavor and the anchovies and nuts here give it a lot of texture and flavor. My kids really enjoyed this pasta.
2 lbs Roma tomatoes, cored and chopped Roma
3 cloves garlic
2 oz toasted pistachios, about 1/2 cup
2 oz grated Parmigiano or Pecorino, about
6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 lb linguine
Basil and Cracked whole black pepper for serving
- Toss tomatoes and 2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl until fully combined. Allow to sit for 30 minutes to macerate. Don’t allow to sit longer than 2 hours. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, smash the garlic into the anchovies with a few pinches of salt. Make a paste.
- When ready to cook, cook pasta in a large heavy pot in salted boiling water. Cook until al dente. Strain and place in a serving bowl.
- Pulse tomatoes and their juices , the reserved garlic paste and salt and pepper until tomatoes are broken up and sauce is very juicy and almost smooth.
- Add tomato mixture and olive oil to pasta and coat until combined. Serve pasta at room temp with basil and sprinkle with Parmigiano and fresh cracked black pepper.