Tiramisu Ice CreamCourse: DessertCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
This is another favorite from David Lebovitz’s book. I love to serve this with biscotti. I serve it in beautiful glass dishes and an espresso on the side. This is a family favorite. It also tastes even better with a drizzle of warm chocolate sauce on top. This also works for affogato, a scoop of ice cream served with a hot espresso poured over. It is really heavenly. Make the Mocha Ripple a few hours before the ice cream so that it is chilled.
2 cups mascarpone
1 cup half and half
2/3 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup Kahlua
3 Tablespoons brandy or dark rum ( I use brandy)
- Mocha Ripple
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup Strongly brewed espresso
6 Tablespoons unsweetened Dutch Process cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Puree the mascarpone, half and half, sugar, salt, kailua and brandy together in a food processor until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Chill thoroughly in a refrigerator.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to instructions. When you remove it from your ice cream maker, layer ice cream with mocha ripple in an air tight ice cream container.
- Mocha Ripple – Make ahead
- Whisk together the sugar, corn syrup, espresso, and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to bubble at the edges.
- Continue to whisk until it just comes to a low boil. Cook 1 minute, whisking frequently. remove from heat and stir in vanilla and allow to cool. Chill in the refrigerator before using.