We all have those days that get away from us or we just don’t want to think about cooking and it would be so much easier to pick up dinner either prepared from the grocery store, something frozen or get food togo. STOP!
You can make quick meals with a few ingredients. You can serve yourself and your family something healthy in 30 minutes or less.
- Pasta, sauce, and a salad
- Pasta/rice/couscous/farro with vegetables
- scrambled eggs with cheese and vegetables served with tortillas
- soup and sandwiches
- Toss some boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs in a quick marinade of citrus and mustard or citrus, olive oil and some dried herbs throw on a foil lined baking sheet with some chopped peppers and onions and you will have dinner in 30 minutes
- Chicken broth with noodles and some chopped vegetables-easy soup
- Keep staples in your pantry for quick meals: pastas, rice, grains you like
- I am not a fan of frozen vegetables but not against them, in a pinch you can toss them in with ground meat or noodles or eggs and have a healthy meal in minutes
- All of this is easy, simple and healthy.
- I do love Ranch Gordo Beans and will make a large pot of beans and use them in different ways over a week
- Don’t stress or over think, you got this and can deliver a healthy meal in minutes
- Lastly, pour yourself a glass of wine! You deserve it!