When putting together your wedding registry, it can be overwhelming and everyone has an opinion. When my husband and I got engaged 23 years ago, we both loved to cook and I had done catering before so I did have a kitchen wish list. We went to Williams Sonoma and registered for everything: plates/ pots/pans/ Kitchen Aid Mixer/ food processor/ hand mixer/blender and more. We had so much fun as we both love to cook/bake/grill. Building our kitchen together was so much fun and plus so inspiring for the many meals we have cooked together in 25 years together.
When thinking about a gift for a couple getting married, I do like to buy off the registry. Lots of time and energy go into compiling the list so I like to buy something the couple wants. If I know the couple very well, then sometimes I will deviate and get them a special bottle of wine or a gift card for an amazing dinner or I will do wine, gift card and something off the registry.
Here are my ideas for a well stocked kitchen:
- Plates/glassware/stemware/silverware of your choice
- All-Clad d5 Stainless Steel 10 piece Cookware Set
- All-Clad D3 Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Saucepan ( I have 3 and use them all)
- All-Clad Stainless Steel Stock Pot, 16qt (LOVE THIS) I use it to make homemade stocks. It is large enough for a whole turkey/chicken and all the ingredients to make a delicious stock
- All-Clad Roasting Pan
- All-Clad Gourmet Accessories Pasta Pot 6-qt
- Le Creuset Dutch Ovens (different sizes) 5 1/2 qt, 7 1/4 qt, 9 qt
- Le Creuset Signature Everyday Pan, Crepe pan, Grill pan
- Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast Iron Saucepan (I LOVE MINE)
- All-Clad All in One Slow Cooker that the insert comes out
- Breville Waffle Iron
- Breville Food Processor 16 cup
- Breville Toaster
- Breville Immersion Blender
- Breville Handy Mix 9 Speed Hand Mixer
- Vitamix Blender
- Green Pan Non Stick Ceramic Fry Pans (Set of 3) best pans for eggs/pancakes/French toast
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- Ramekins: different sizes, I use these for ingredient prep as well as for serving chocolate mousse or Creme Brûlée.
- Bakeware: Baking Sheets, Bread Pans, Muffin Pans, Cake Pans: round (8 and 9 inch), Square (8 and 9 inch), 13x9x3 baking pan as well as assorted Bundt pans in decorative designs.
- Pie Plate
- Rolling Pin
- Bench Scrapper, teaspoons/Tablespoons, measuring cups: normal and off sizes
- Metal Bowls: all sizes (best for tempering chocolate or making Ganache)
- Glass bowls: all sizes
- Baking scale
- Whisks: different sizes
- Spatulas: different sizes and a large one for Folding
- Cake knives, for frosting cakes, 2 sizes: large and small
- Handheld Torch
- Pastry Blender and Brush
- Wooden spoons
- All-Clad 3 piece stainless Steel Strainer set (Use these for sifting ingredients)
For me these are the tools I would use and need but for those of you who don’t bake you won’t need all the baking items and same for those who aren’t the biggest cooks. I don’t use a rice cooker or an air fryer or instant pot. I use my All-Clad Slow Cooker and love it. I don’t use it all that often but when I do I love that the insert comes out and all the flavor stays in when you start a recipe on the stove. I love my 16qt All-Clad Stock Pot. You would think it is to big but I use it all the time. It works for making pasta for a dinner party or for making homemade stock. I use the All-Clad saucepans with metal bowls to temper chocolate or to make ice cream or custard. You don’t need to waste money or space on items such as a Double Broiler or a flour sifter. I make a lot of the items in my arsenal do different things. It saves time, space and money.
Have fun and look around. I am and have always been a big fan of Williams Sonoma, but also a fan of Sur la Table. Check out different places and see what grabs your attention. There are so many great stores out there besides my two go to’s. Target, Macy’s, Crate&Barrel to name a few.
If you ever have questions, reach out as I use my kitchen multiple times a day. I know what works and what doesn’t. What you need and what you don’t or what is a gimmick. I am always happy to answer questions.
Enjoy the process and congrats. If you are buying a gift for a special couple, check out all the places they are registered and find what inspires them that inspires you. It will be a more meaningful gift.